Monday, April 11, 2011

2012 Hopeful Gary Johnson to Ski Tuckerman Ravine (Video)

Last week, I posted a piece about former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson's plan to ski Mount Washington's Tuckerman Ravine in April:


Johnson has shared a link to the story on Facebook, along with the following comment:

At the end of this month I'll be skiing Tuckerman Ravine in New Hampshire for the first time. As many of you know I am an avid skier and I'm really looking forward to the challenge!

He may be an avid skier, but Johnson does not see eye to eye with a number of local ski mountains on the issue of climate change, as noted in my article for Gather.com. In 2008, Cranmore Mountain, Gunstock Mountain, Loon Mountain, and Waterville Valley signed onto a letter urging Congress to pass bipartisan cap and trade legislation.

"I don't believe in cap and trade," Johnson states in this video:


No comments:

Post a Comment