Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mitt Romney on EPA, carbon

Mitt Romney came out in opposition to EPA regulation of carbon emissions at a Town Hall Meeting in Derry, New Hampshire last Thursday. Romney's latest comments on climate change were first reported by Think Progress.



I believe we should keep our air and our water clean. And that we don’t want to have pollutants that are interfering with our health and damaging the ability of our children to enjoy good health. So no question we have to have standards that improve the quality of our air. And I support reasonable standards. … Do I support the EPA? In much of its mission yes, but in some of its mission no. 
The EPA getting into carbon footprints, and... I think we may have made a mistake, we have made a mistake is what I believe, in saying that the EPA should regulate carbon emissions. I don’t think that was the intent of the original legislation, and I don’t think carbon is a pollutant in the sense of harming our bodies.
We can agree to disagree … My view is that the EPA getting into carbon and regulating carbon has gone beyond the original intent of the legislation. I do believe we should reduce the pollutants that harm our health.

1 comment:

  1. Romney is saying he doesn't believe in global warming which is what the oil and coal companies want to hear. Since he is getting millions of dollars from these industries they will pour more into his campaign. This man has no core beliefs and will say whatever it takes to get elected.

    ReplyDelete