Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Rudy Giuliani believes in global warming


Rudy Giuliani may not be an official candidate for president just yet, but he’s polling like one in New Hampshire. Giuliani placed fourth in the latest UNH Survey Center poll of likely 2012 Republican Primary voters, tying Jon Huntsman and out performing longtime contenders Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum.

The new poll comes at a time when media reports indicate that Giuliani is unlikely to run for president in 2012. Still, the former New York Mayor has already made several visits to New Hampshire this year to test the waters, including a July 15 stop at Dartmouth College where he confirmed his belief in anthropogenic, or man made, global warming:

Okay, first of all, I will say warming is happening (jokingly wipes sweat from his brow). I think global warming is happening. I think humans contribute to it. I think it is a major issue. That’s what I said in 2008—I still agree with that.

Climate Change in the Presidential Primaries was the first to report Giuliani’s latest comments on global warming on Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment